Date by Date-Time.Com

Ronald McDojo will enlighten you with nonsense.: The past....Will it catch up to me? Has it already?

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The past....Will it catch up to me? Has it already?

So today I was reminiscing about my past. I was telling a friend of mine about what kind of school I used to go to. I got booted out of public school when I was 12. I had lived with my father , who was a dictator, and then moved to my moms. My mother was a recovering addict with many addictions to recover from. I love my mama, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying she had many problems to deal with from her messed up life. Messed up parents have messed up kids. I think it works that way.
Anyway, back to my old school. I went to a school called The Mattoon(city) Treatment and Learning Center. That's right, if you haven't made the connection...Mattoon was the city it was in and T.L.C. was the school. So TLC was a school for kids with learning and or behavior disabilities. I was special. I even rode the short bus. We had to pick the kids up that were retarded and take them to the one school, then the bus would drop us off an a different school. The short bus was fun though, I just slept. It was over 20 miles to my school so the ride was over a half hour long. I can't seem to remember how long the ride was...hmmm.
Anyway, at TLC when you got in trouble you would have to get charted. This was a record of your daily/hourly performance. If you got more out of control you would have to take a "head down". They would make you put your head in your arms and down on your desk for a few mins. If you refused then you would have to go to the "quiet room". This was a tiny room with a door and a light. IF you went calmly, you could get out in 15 mins. It was supposed to be a room to get back under control. Needless to say, I spent many a day in the quiet room. I would get in schools suspentions and have to spend weeks in a room by myself. What a absolute asshole I was.
Looking back I wonder how people cared enough to help me. I'm glad they did, I certainly didn't appreciate it at the time.
I don't feel like writing any more about this subject. Dam, all these memories of TLC....Ok, I need to finish this.
If you refused to go to the quiet room then it was on. What do I mean by on? Well, the teachers would say "STAAFF" down the hallways. This meant to the teachers, move your ass here now. So, the teachers would come in and usually they would surround you. They had to do a "takedown" on you. If you punched one, they would press charges and you would go to juvenile jail. You couldn't do that, however, you could freak out with all your might and flail about like a rabid animal on crack.
I have hurt a teacher or two (the women) by just freaking. Looking back I wonder what I was so mad about. Now, it just doesn't seem to be worth it. Must be maturity.
After the takedown, the teacher would carry you to the quiet room. They would remove any belt or shoes that you may have, and all things in your pockets. You would have to sit in there until you calmed down. I usually banged on the walls and kicked the door until I was exhausted.
The door had a giant lock and a peep hole. The teachers would look in. That was the best time to kick the door. You know, try to get it to vibrate and hit the teacher. The new ones fell for it, however the seasoned vets knew better. ...........More some other day I feel like rambling. Sorry so long!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home