Date by Date-Time.Com

Ronald McDojo will enlighten you with nonsense.: I'm sad for my buddy.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I'm sad for my buddy.

So my friend is on a reality t.v. show. It's on Spike TV. You know the crappy network that shows garbage MOST of the time. Well it's a fighting show. He is a Ultimate Fighter in training. I have been very anxious to see him in action. He has been on the show over a month and has not fought. Last night was his night. He is pumped, ready to go. He chooses to fight a really good guy. My friend is a good striker, however, he is not that great on the ground. The guy he choose to fight is a expert on the ground. The fight starts...ding ding. J. comes out in a good stance ready to drop bombs! Oh no!! D. has pushed him against the fence. D. takes J. to the ground. Automatically gets mounted (both knees under armpits) position. D. rains down the fury on a helpless looking J. J. eventually turns and gives his back to D. for the choke out/tap out. Dam. Dam....Dam. I was wanting my friend to give a good showing too! It's not like I'm not his friend. He just lost a sport fight..big deal. I just wish he wouldn't have went out like that. He just covered up and took his beating. Dammit, my feelings are conflicted. Would I have done the same in that situation? Could I have gotten out of there? I will never know. Sometimes I wonder If I should go back to fighting. I only had two MMA(mixed martial art) fights. I won both, but, they were against total scrubs. Local tough guys. Some days I wonder......What could have been of my fighting career, had I chose to stick with it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, The Wife here. Look here Dojo, you won those two fights fair and square, and need I remind you of the terror of trying to leave after you had beaten the home town favorite guys?? Something I am not to forget anytime soon..

And as for J.J. he get's what he deserves, he has "trained" for as long as you have known him and yet he rarely breaks a sweat. What kind of training is that? If you want my opinion, and yes I know, you didn't ask, he should be barred from training at your gym altogether. I could sit on the mat just as well as he can without doing a thing and SAY that I train BJJ and then get beat up. Sad state of affairs indeed.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a few comments but what can I say after your wife? OUCH!!! She pretty much hit the nail on the head. You can tell you guys have been together for a while, talk about a tyraid. All that being said, I feel sorry for J.J. However, I think we both knew how it was going to turn out for him before we even saw the show. It's the story of his life. All the talent in the world but no heart. Mad pooper

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home